Monday, December 31, 2007

November 2006

20th November



**Well, As you can guess a LOT has been happening since my last post, more than I can remember. So I will just update on what is starting to bear fruit. We have been eating lettuce for a few weeks now, and the original ones are starting to go to seed, My Scarlet Runners are flowering and my corn is starting to get tassels. Both my homegrown and shopbought seedling Tomatoes have flowers, and I found my first Zucchini yesterday (it's 2cm long). My carrots have gone to seed and they are magnificent, they are taller than me (5 foot 2) when in flower. But on a sad note, this morning our favourite hen went missing. She is tiny and black (a Rosecomb) and she gets dragged round by the kids (and me) all day long. Two weeks ago she had a prolapse (part of her bum fell out), and we thought we would lose her then, but she went off the lay and recovered almost fully. But today she seems to have gone My littlies are GUTTED! ____________________________________________________________________



23rd November



**It's the time of year that we wait patiently to see whether out female Kiwi Fruit will flower. Our Male plant has flowered for the last two years, but the Female is a bit slow off the mark. Well, the wait is over, the Male plant flowered a week ago, and there is no sign of Female flowers, maybe next year.... ____________________________________________________________________

No comments: