Friday, December 26, 2008

Attack of the Killer Weeds

Not long ago I posted about all the glorious rain we have had. Now all that rain has well and truly sunk in. Besides sending all my seedlings into fits of growth, it has 'encouraged' the weeds to come out of their shells. I have a couch grass problem at the best of times - now to use the term problem is a gross understatement! This morning I got out there and started to weed. I was amazed at all the plants growing so well underneath the shade of the monsters I was removing. And I certainly wouldn't be exaggerating when I describe the process as a nature versus human tug-o-war. Some couch runners where taller than me! :-/ At least I can now see my tomatoes and butter beans. I haven't finished weeding by any stretch of the imagination, but if I do a bit day by day, the chooks should produce some wonderful eggs.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: